Houthi Movement Chief Downplays Impact of U.S.-UK Air Raids, Vowing More Attacks
The leader of the Ansar Allah (Houthi) group said the military operations in the Red Sea will continue, urging all countries to "coordinate" with Yemen to be assured about their "commercial movement" in shipping lanes.
Abdulmalek Al-Houthi said in a televised speech today that attacks on the Israeli-linked, British, and American ships will not cease as long as the Israeli war and blockade on Palestinians in Gaza continue.
Since November last year, the Houthi group has launched over 30 attacks on commercial vessels and warships in the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden, disrupting shipping operations and sparking global concerns.
The United States and the United Kingdom have launched a barrage of airstrikes on Houthi sites in Yemen, seeking to degrade the Houthi military capabilities and prevent attacks on shipping lanes in the Red Sea.
However, the Houthi movement leader said the U.S.-UK strikes have had no effect on the group's military power. He stated that the number of American-British strikes on Yemen this week amounted to 86 strikes.
He added, "The American talk about the impact of the strikes on our military capabilities is just entertainment and to save face. The Americans, starting with the president and the army commanders, admit their inability to stop Yemeni attacks on ships linked to Israel."
Al-Houthi indicated that the preparation for a long war is ongoing through "military mobilization and training," and tens of thousands of fighters have completed their military training over the past few months.
The Houthi leadership began further preparation for war after the U.S. forces sank three Houthi boats, killing 17 fighters in the Red Sea on December 31. According to Houthi officials, the battle title is "The Promised Conquest and Holy Jihad."
Informed sources told Sheba Intelligence that the Houthi group strengthened its stocks of ballistic and winged missiles, drones, naval mines, and remote-controlled suicide boats to confront potential developments that they expect to occur in the coming days.
The U.S. forces continue bombing Houthi sites in Yemen. Today, the U.S. Central Command forces said in a statement it launched strikes on Wednesday at 9:00 p.m., Sanaa time, targeting two Houthi mobile anti-ship cruise missiles that were prepared to launch against ships in the Red Sea.
The second strike happened on the same day at 11:30 p.m., Sanaa time, hitting a Houthi mobile land attack cruise missile that was prepared to launch, according to the statement.
Houthi officials said this week the U.S. and U.K. have launched over 300 strikes since January 12.